Echo Lake Beach and Boat Rentals
Echo Lake Beach and Boat Rentals
- Posted in Sports & Recreation
Due to the COVID-19 Crisis, operations at Echo Lake Beach will differ greatly from normal operations. Adjustments have been made and approved, so that we may be allowed to open the beach. Please follow all of the guideline in order to help keep the beach open this summer.
New Modified Operation Rules Due to COVID-19
Advance Online Reservations Required:
Reservations Available Here Soon
Open Daily from 10am – 6pm
Before purchasing reservations, please note that we do not issue refunds due to weather.
• Walk-ins not permitted.
• Reservations are limited and may sell out. Reservations will need to be made for every person in your group, even if they are 5 & under as the number of people on the beach will be limited.
• A limited number of NH Senior and NH Park Plates entries may be available for walk-up entry, but are not guaranteed. (ID or proof of Parks plate required)
• Guests with reservations much check in at ticket booth.
• Paper printout or phone receipt accepted on site for check-in.
• Guests are NOT PERMITTED on the beach prior to opening and between the hours of 6pm and 10am.
• Social distancing measures are required.
• Please stay at least 6 feet from others not in your group.
• Reservation is valid from 10am – 6pm.
• The beach will be cleared at 6pm.
• Please notify staff if you leave before closing, so we may add a reservation.
• Restrooms: Maximum of 1 person of 1 family group at one time.
• Boat rentals will be limited and may sell out quickly due to the sanitizing process for boats and life jackets.
• Bringing your own USCG approved life jackets will help get you a boat rental. Once we have run out of sanitized life jackets and close boat rentals, we will still rent a boat to those who bring their own life jackets.
General Beach Rules:
– PETS are PROHIBITED at all times.
– Swim in designated areas only.
– No Lifeguards on duty for summer 2020.
– Drones are prohibited at Echo Lake Beach.
– Feeding ducks or wildlife
– Fishing from beach
– Launching boats
Public boat launch located at Exit 34B
At Echo Lake Beach, visitors can enjoy the beauty of a 39-acre lake with an excellent view.
The slopes of Cannon Mountain ski area drop right to the edge of the lake, and the view highlights where the Franconia Range and Kinsman Range meet, creating the notch.
2020 ADMISSION (DAY USE) RATES (by online reservation only)*
Adults (ages 12+): $4.00
Children (ages 6-11): $2.00
Children 5 & under: FREE
SUMMER HOURS (weather permitting)
Open by reservation only from 10am – 6pm
Beach is CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC from 6pm – 10am.
Beginning June 15
NO Lifeguards on duty.
General Store open daily 10am – 6pm
Boat Rentals daily 10am – 6pm, Last boat rentals go out at 5pm.
BOAT RENTALS – New COVID Restrictions
Canoes, Kayaks, and Pedal Boats are available for rent at Echo Lake. All Boat Rentals: $20 / hour. Due to new sanitizing protocols, each boat and all life jackets (pfd’s) will need to be sanitized after use. Because of a limited supply of PFD’s, boat rentals may need to be suspended during the day, once all PFD’s have been used.
When boats are sold out, we can rent them to anyone who brings their own (USCG approved) PFD.
LAKESIDE GENERAL STORE
The Lakeside General Store will have drinks, ice cream, snacks and some beach gear available from the outside window only. Guests will not have access inside the store.
Pets are prohibited from Echo Lake Beach, Cannon RV Park, Lafayette Campground, on the Tram and in the Flume Gorge. Pets are only permitted in Franconia Notch State Park in the designated dog walks in the Flume & Tramway parking lots.
Echo Lake Beach is a carry-in / carry-out facility. Please bring all trash with you upon departure and help keep our NH State Parks beautiful. Thank you for your cooperation!